Trick or Treat, smell our feet, look what we've brewed up! Pumpkin, Nduja & Ricotta Pizza - a slice of autumn with a fiery kick that will leave you howling for more. Sink your fangs into a crispy crust, smothered in sweet roasted pumpkin puree and topped with velvety ricotta cheese. But beware, this pizza packs a spicy punch thanks to the nduja; a spicy and spreadable salami that's hotter than a witches brew. The trick is in the freshest ingredients and expertly proofed dough for a devilishly good treat.
- 250g pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 25g butter
- 30ml sherry vinegar
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 5 tbsp ricotta
- Olive oil
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pizza dough ball
- Salt & pepper
- To make the pumpkin puree, melt the butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add the pumpkin, sherry vinegar and chilli flakes and cook over a low heat for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Season the cooked pumpkin mixture with salt and pepper then blitz in a blender to a smooth puree.
- Mix the ricotta with 2 tbsp olive oil and season to taste.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan with the soy sauce until they begin to colour and pop.
- Open out a pizza dough ball, and generously spoon over the velvety pumpkin puree.
- Top the pizza with a few dollops of the ricotta mix and nduja, then cook.
- Scatter with the toasted pumpkin seeds for some crunch.
Hocus Pocus! A wickedly delicious Halloween pizza.
Get ready to terrify and tantalise your taste buds with these Halloween pizza ideas!
If you're in the mood for some other devilishly delicious Halloween pizza, let your creativity run wild in the kitchen with these spine-chilling toppings.
Start with your favourite pizza dough, sauce and shredded mozzarella, then get creative...
Wrap your pizza up with strips of mozzarella cheese in a crisscross pattern to create mummy bandages. Finish the look with two olive slices for eyes, and cook until the cheese is gooey and the mummy is golden brown. It's a deliciously creepy treat!
Spider Web Pizza
Sprinkle grated mozzarella over your sauce, then spin a web of sliced black olives and pop a creepy black olive spider in the middle. Spooktacular!
Jack O'Lantern Pizza
Use sliced bell peppers to create grinning jack o'lantern faces on mini pizzas. Cook until the cheese is bubbly and the faces are slightly caramelised.
Haunted Forest Pizza
For a spookier vibe, build a haunted forest with broccoli trees and thinly sliced mushroom logs. A terrifyingly delicious treat!
Bloody Eyeball Pizza
If you're feeling daring, go all out with this one, not for the faint hearted. Place sliced black olives with red pepper centres as creepy eyeballs and drizzle tomato sauce 'blood' around the eyeballs. Horrifyingly scumptious!