Feta & Potato Pizza with Garlic, Rosemary & Walnuts
Hold onto your Christmas hats folks! Potatoes on pizza? Yes, we've tried it before and we're doing it again! This is a mouth-watering medley of creamy feta, garlicky goodness, aromatic rosemary and tender new potatoes that will have your taste buds singing fa la la la la la. And if that wasn't enough, top it off with some crunchy walnuts for a nutty twist.
- 250g pizza dough ball for a 12-inch pizza or 350g for a larger 16-inch pizza
- Some flour for dusting
- 450g new potatoes, thinly sliced (leave the skin on if you prefer)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 375g feta cheese, crumbled
- Walnuts, fresh rocket and red pepper flakes to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Toss the thinly sliced new potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, minced garlic and chopped rosemary.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly in the baking tray and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minuts, untilt he potatoes are tender and slighlty crispy at the edges.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Now preheat your pizza oven.
- Stretch out your pizza dough ball on a lightly floured surface to your desired pizza size (12" or 16").
- Brush the pizza base with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle some red pepper chilli flakes if you're after a bit of heat.
- Evenly place the roasted potato slices over the base.
- Top with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Carefully transfer the pizza to your peel - remember to dust the peel with some flour or semolina to stop the dough from sticking - and into the hot pizza oven for 1-2 minutes.
- When cooked, top with the walnuts and a handful of fresh rocket.