Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Mix the flour, yeast, warm water, and salt in a stand mixer with a dough hook at a low speed for 5 minutes. (you can use a flat paddle, but gluten-free dough loves to “climb the paddle” so we’d recommend using a hook).
- Add the olive oil and continue to mix on the lowest speed for another 4 minutes.
- Cover and let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When it's time, divide the dough into four 250g pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball, dunk in a bath of gluten-free flour and place each ball in a Babadoh.
- Cover with the lid and leave to prove for at least 3 hours, up to a maximum of 24 hours.
Stretch or roll the dough
Gluten-free dough can be more delicate than regular pizza dough, so be extra gentle when stretching it out. To stretch each dough ball into a pizza base:
- Place a ball onto a well-floured (gluten-free) pizza peel.
- Using your fingers, press down into the dough, flattening and spreading it into a round base. Don't press right out to the edge, so you leave a nice puffy edge when the pizza is cooked.
- Press your hands palms down on the dough and gently pull your hands apart towards each edge, aiming to streatch the dough to a thickness of about 5mm.
- Gently shake the pizza peel to check the base is not stuck before you top your pizza.
If you prefer to roll the dough with a rolling pin, beware that gluten-free dough can be difficult to roll without tearing or sticking to the work surface. A top tip is to roll between two sheets of parchment paper. Aim to roll the dough to a thickness of about 5mm, then carefully transfer to a well-floured (gluten-free) pizza peel.
Top the pizza
Once the base is ready, top with a thin layer of tomato sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella and other tasty toppings and launch into the oven.
Depending on the oven temperature, the pizza will take between 2mins (450°C) and 12 minutes (220°C) to cook.
Add some fresh basil and the pizza is ready to serve.
Read our step by step guide on how to use babadoh.
Follow our tomato sauce recipe to top your pizza.