wild garlic pizza
wild garlic grows in abundance at the back of our house, and the fresh, garlicky smell is unmistakeable in early spring.
we foraged a handful the other day and decided to try it out on a pizza. let me tell you - it was real good!
here's the recipe we used.
- 2 pizza dough balls
- 250g crème fraîche
- 100g emmenthal or gruyère cheese
- a handful of wild garlic leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- maldon sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- coarsely grate the cheese and mix into the crème fraîche. season well with salt and pepper.
- wash the wild garlic, pat dry and roughly chop.
- pile the wild garlic into a mortar and pestle, sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt flakes and a good lug of olive oil. lightly bruise the leaves in the oil.
- open out a pizza ball, top the pizza base with half of the crème fraîche and cheese mixture.
- lay the wild garlic leaves across.
- cook and scoff before anyone else grabs a slice.