Terry's Chocolate Orange Calzone
Calzones are the unsung heroes of the pizza world. Hear us out! Imagine a pizza that you can munch on the move, no fuss, no mess. That's what makes calzones so darn special. But hold on. THIS isn't just any calzone. It's a mind boggling and decadent and delicous Terry’s Chocolate Orange Calzone! Oh. My. Days.
Terry's Chocolate Orange and mini marshmallows! Yes, you heard that right! This dreamy duo stuffed inside a calzone is pizza heaven on earth.
- One 250g pizza dough ball will make a decent sized calzone and is big enough to hold generous amounts of those yummy chocolate segments.
- One Terry’s Chocolate Orange. We must admit, in our excitement, we squeezed a whopping 12 segments into one calzone. But hey, no judgment here! If you're feeling a tad less greedy than we are, you can always portion those segments more conservatively and whip up not one, but several mouth-watering calzones.
- Mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar
- A sprinkle of flour for your board
- Fire up the pizza oven.
- Flour your board or work surface and roll the dough ball with a rolling pin, to around 1/2cm (1/4") thick
- Top half the round with chocolate orange segments and mini marshamallows.
- Fold the un-topped half over the topped half.
- Starting at one end, pinch and slightly twist the dough diagonally across the seam between your thumb and index finger, to create an edge.
- Carefully transfer the calzone on to your pizza peel - remember to dust the peel with some flour or semolina to stop the dough from sticking - and into the hot pizza oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Keep turning the calzone for an even bake. It's cooked when the crust has risen and is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve on a plate or board with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Oh, and go on, throw some more Terry's Chocolate Orange segments on top.