In honour of St. Andrew's Day and also celebrating Scotland's national dish, we've cooked up a pizza fusion with the Haggis Pizza! We know this could either make you weak at the knees or have you running for the hills. But believe us, it's delicious! Haggis is a mouthwatering mix of minced lamb, beef, offal, oats, onions and spices. Crumbled over your pizza base, with oozy cheese and a sprinkling of fresh parsley, this pizza will have your tastebuds dancing a Highland fling. So don your kilts, grab a dram of whisky and let the haggis bring the ceilidh to your pizza party!
Half of Team Babadoh live in Edinburgh, with Reese born and bred there. Their favourite haggis is Macsween's, made using an old family recipe in Edinburgh. Macsween also make a super tasty vegetarian haggis.
- Fire up the pizza oven.
- Stretch out your pizza dough ball on a floured surface to your desired pizza size (12" or 16").
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza base, leaving a bit of room around the edges for a nice crust.
- Scatter over the grated cheese and crumbled haggis.
- Season with salt and pepper if you like, and finish with a swirl of olive oil.
- Carefully transfer the pizza to your peel and into the hot pizza oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the pizza with some chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve hot, with a dram of whisky. Braw!
Check out our haggis pizza reel.