This Alpine Pizza is one of our absolute favourites. Babadoh duo Aslan and Reese first tried something similar in Switzerland, then saw Gennaro Contaldo make this version on Two Greedy Italians that reminded them of the Swiss deliciousness. We've been following his recipe ever since.
- 2 pizza dough balls
- 250g crème fraîche
- 80g Gruyère cheese (Emmental works nicely too)
- some good salami
- a red onion, thinly sliced
- fresh oregano, sage or marjoram
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Coarsely grate the cheese and mix into the crème fraîche. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Open out a pizza ball, top the pizza base with half of the crème fraîche and cheese mixture.
- Lay salami (whole slices or cut into strips) and red onion slices on top.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook, scatter a few more of the fresh herbs over, and devour.